Monday, June 6, 2011

Rookery

Cormorant Rookery photograph

Last week I went birding in North Dakota. Almost June and I was wishing I had my down jacket! This is a photograph of a Cormorant Rookery seen from the road on the way to Lake Osakis, right off Interstate 94. I love the spangly nest forms against the sky.

This Friday, June 10, 5 - 9 pm I will be participating in the St. Cloud Art Crawl. I will be set up in Falcon National Bank, 1010 W. St. Germain, along with the other artists who were awarded Individual Artist Grants. I hope to see some of you there.

1 comment:

Kathy Hodge said...

That's an amazing photo. I've noticed an egret rookery in the woods behind a Home Depot near where I live. I always mean to take a photo before the leaves come in but need the morning sun...and never have gotten over there before work. This is motivating me to do it next time the leaves fall!
Looks like a good subject for one of your charcoal drawings.