Monday, March 15, 2010

Fur-Peace

Fur-Peace
10" x 10"
jute on board


This is the piece I have in the "Foor-in-the-Door" show at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts - artsmia.org/foot-in-the-door-4/ . Some of you may not have seen my fiber work, all made of baling twine that I collect, discarded from farms and ranches. It is now getting harder to find, as most hayers now use plastic "twine". If anyone comes across some of the natural jute, I could really use more. I love using recycled material.
I am starting the second year of the Minnesota Breeding Bird Atlas Project - mnbba.org. Any of you citizen-scientists who are interested in helping out and supporting conservation planning based on current, scientific information - they need volunteers! Check out the web-site. There are only 7 states that don't have this breeding bird information yet.

No comments: