Sunday, November 30, 2008

Interior with Stairs


9 x 12 oil in canvas
available

Something very different for me.  I have been doing a lot of "scratching" lately.  Twyla Tharpe, in her book The Creative Habit,  uses the term scratching to describe the creative process of finding one's way to new ideas.  Scratching may consist of  looking around, opening books, experimenting, playing, traveling.... whatever helps you to find your way.   I went to my sister's old farmhouse in Stockholm, WI a couple of weeks ago and was so struck by the beauty of the home she has created there.  The old plaster walls, steep stairway and beautiful color choices on the painted wood really struck me;  but especially the way the light affects its all.  I also recently read a new term that I very much like, intimist, or intimist painting .  Its not in the dictionary and I can't remember where I read it so I may have spelled it wrong.  To me it says a lot.

No comments: