Friday, October 31, 2008

Frontenac Fall

This  is one of the paintings I did down in Frontanac last weekend.  The colors were so muted with lots of neutrals, difficult for me.   Here's a story I'm going to share because it may strike a chord in  others.  Like I said in a recent post, we have all these gourds and squash from the garden.  I have brought a bunch into my studio and every day have been admiring them, arranging them, playing with light.  But its been so nice out and I know my outdoor painting days are limited, so I have been forcing myself to leave the gourds and go out to paint - or try to.  Needless to say it has not gone well, as my heart is back in the studio... After three days of failed attempts I let myself stay in the studio, happily painting gourds!  

available

No comments: