Sunday, December 18, 2011

Two Trees

Charcoal on paper
20 x 26

This is a piece I just finished... I wondered about posting it because it feels strange to me, like I didn't do it. The view is out in my woods, a mere skiff of snow dusting the ground, twilight and skeletal...
On another note, I just returned from a fantastic birding trip to Costa Rica! - Saw many wonderful things - birds, mammals, butterflies, frogs - in rain forest and cloud forest.
The coffee there is amazing. Our bird guide's parents own an organic coffee farm which we were lucky to be able to visit. I had no idea all that is involved in producing coffee, and how potentially hard it can be on the environment. I highly recommend anyone concerned who also loves coffee to buy from them, they have a distributor in the US. - cafecristina.com. The coffee is out of this world - really!

4 comments:

Kathy Hodge said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! The twilight just envelops the viewer.

Mary Logue said...

I just don't understand how you can get so much detail in your charcoal works. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

That is your best charcoal piece yet, C.

Ellen Stewart said...

I love these trees.